Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Good weekend

13 assignments in 4 days. 600 miles or so on the car.

Not too bad.

Covered everything from pro beach volleyball to a pro-Jesus beach baptism. (see below)


QUINCY, Mass. August 18, 2007: Todd Rogers dives for a ball during the AVP mens final match at Marina Bay against Matt Fuerbringer and Casey Jennings. Todd Rogers and Phil Dalhausser defeated Casey Jennings and Matt Fuerbringer in two games.

The volleyball was fun. Good light, great action, got to sit right down on the sand. Wish I could have covered the women's final too. Above was one of my better shots although its not as sharp as I would like it to be. Something to work on.


MILTON, Mass. August 18, 2007: Patrick Ross Neal, left of South Boston, and Dennis Peter St. Rose of Brockton, smile after being baptized in Houghton Pond

This was a feature that I was sent to. There were actually two baptisms going on at the pond this morning. One was a large group of people. The second was the one I was assigned to, just the two gentlemen above. The Pastor was a bit strict with his rules on what I could do and how close I could get. I was hoping to get in the water with him but he wasn't letting anyone else in the water. This moment above was when they walked back to shore and were just standing there smiling. They were both so honestly happy. Regardless of my religous views it was a nice moment to see these two grown men just beaming with joy. Wish I got more of them in the frame but I was already lying in the sand on my stomach and the trees are just below the bottom of the frame there. Oh well.

No comments: