Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bringing it back

I have spent countless hours lately taking the hundreds of DVD's I have of my old images and dumping said images onto a networked hard drive.  It's tedious, but it has been eye opening.  It has been interesting to watch my shooting evolve over the years.  I have dug up a lot of older images that I forgot about or that I just never got around to posting on the blog so I am going to share some of them on here.

Needham, MA: Rabbinical student Shmuel "Shmuly" Davidoff (L) helps Chaim Lipszyc with his clown costume during a Purim celebration held by the The Chabad Jewish Center at the Village Club on Sunday February 28, 2010.  Photo by Matthew Healey

NOTE - That kid in the background, who's name I didn't catch, was running in circles at absolute full speed.  It was awesome.  I think sugar was involved.


Needham, MA: Sorry don't have names for this one.  It was taken at a holiday celebration on the Needham town common.  These kids were looking into this gated flood light that had a weird green tinge to it.  If I was one of those kids then I would have been dropping bugs onto the light to see what happens.  Photo by Matthew Healey.










Watertown, MA: Ruby Baboian (R) gets choked up after seeing the Waltham American Legion Band stop to play in front of her house as friends Mary Alemian (C) and Anahid Tumberian applaud during the Memorial Day Parade along Mount Auburn Street on Monday May, 25 2009.  Baboian's husband Jacob (not pictured) used to play in the band but he is physically no longer able to and was inside the house.  Photo by Matthew Healey

Just a sweet moment that I totally happened upon.  These three women were really excited about the parade and well I loved Anahid's choice of head wear.  But the story was about the band.

Thanks for looking and as always comments and critiques are welcome.  Oh and if anyone out there reading this has any good suggestions on photo database management software that is affordable (read: free) then let me know.  PhotoMechanic is wonderful but too slow when working off of a server.  I have toyed around with Picassa from google but it doesn't play well with networked drives either.

No comments: